Monday, April 20, 2009

Watch Me Throw the Ball by Mo Willems



I don't how he continues to do it again and again, but Mo Willems' most recent Elephant and Piggie book is a winner. In Watch Me Throw the Ball! , Piggie finds a ball that belongs to her friend Gerald the Elephant who tries to teach Piggie how to throw it. Gerald is determined to show Piggie how to do it the right way to throw a ball, but Piggie wants to do it her way.

As in all of the books in this easy reader series, there are no more than two simple sentences on each page, making it the perfect book for a beginning reader. What I love the most about all of the Elephant and Piggie books is Willems' ability to engage readers and create laugh-out-loud humor through simple sentences and story lines and funny facial expressions.

If you haven't met Gerald and Piggie yet, I urge you to check out this book or one of the others in the series. You won't be disappointed.

What Other Bloggers Are Saying:

A Year of Reading: "But this Elephant and Piggie might be my very favorite--which is amazing to me. Somehow, Willems is keeping these fresh every time. This one is quite hysterical." (read more...)


More Info:
  • Reading level: Ages 4-8
  • Hardcover: 64 pages
  • Publisher: Hyperion Book CH (March 17, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1423113489
  • ISBN-13: 978-1423113485
  • Source: Local library


4 comments:

  1. Mo Willems is so talented! I just finished reading Are You Ready to Play Outside?. I hope my library has this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one, too! My daughter really loves "I Love My New Toy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these books, the illustrations always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete