Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Meme of Fives

MotherReader tagged me for a meme, the Meme of Fives. Here are the rules:
  1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
  2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
  3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
  4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What were you doing five years ago?

Wow, this time five years ago was actually a pivotal turning point in my life. I was finishing up a very difficult school year as a teacher and was struggling with the decision as to whether or not I wanted to remain a teacher or do something else with my life. I ultimately decided not to renew my teaching contract to pursue more creative opportunities. I ended up getting a job as a copywriter at a communications firm in Alexandria, VA, and today I'm still here and serve as the director of the content development team. I know I made the right decision, but I sometimes miss teaching and my students.

Also, five years ago, I was planning a July wedding, which neither my husband or I backed out of. So far so good... ;)

What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
  1. Respond to MotherReader's meme
  2. Proofread a website for work
  3. Get my oil changed
  4. Call the HVAC peeps to come fix my A/C
  5. Research car seats because my daughter is growing out of hers
What are five snacks you enjoy?
  1. Dark Chocolate
  2. Ripe cherries
  3. Chocolate covered strawberries
  4. Salt 'n Vinegar Chips
  5. Garden fresh cucumbers and tomatoes drenched in salt and vinegar (I like salt & vinegar
What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
  1. Travel all over the world (my top five destinations would be Greece, Italy, Ireland, Spain, and France)
  2. Build a big white house in the country with a wrap-around porch with a beautiful view and perhaps an apple orchard
  3. Set aside funds for my daughter
  4. Start my own nonprofit that would probably have something to do with books and kids
  5. Take care of my family, paying off all bills, etc.
What are five of your bad habits?
  1. Nail-biting
  2. Worrying way more than I should
  3. Drinking too much soda (Coke Classic, baby)
  4. Watching too many Bravo reality shows
  5. Cursing too much in traffic (I drive an hour to and from work. Give me a break people!)
What are five places where you have lived?
  1. Tazewell, VA (my hometown)
  2. Emory, VA (my college town)
  3. Lins, Saul Paulo, Brazil (I taught English there for five months)
  4. Fairfax, VA
  5. Alexandria, VA
Aside from a five month stint overseas, I've spent my entire life on opposite corners of VA.

What are five jobs you have had?
  1. Cashier at a pharmacy
  2. Shoes salesperson at a department store
  3. Waitress
  4. Teacher
  5. Copywriter
What five people do you want to tag?

I can't handle the pressure, so I'm taking the easy way out. Sorry MotherReader! If anyone would like to participate, consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, don't apologize to me for not spreading the meme. I'm usually the place memes go to die. I forget about doing them until its Too Late. But for today it was easier then thinking up my own stuff and I got to know more about some cool people - who are also neighbors, how about that.

    ReplyDelete