Sunday, December 23, 2007

Babymouse #8: Puppy Love by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm



Reading level: Ages 4-8
Paperback: 96 pages
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers (December 26, 2007)

Poor Babymouse...all she wants is a pet, but they keep running away. From a hamster to a ferret to a venus flytrap, she has no luck...until Buddy, a stray dog, appears on her doorstep. Buddy is not the most well behaved dog. He chews all of Babymouse's shoes and is not completely house trained. However, Babymouse is determined to make it work, but does it? Can she finally keep a pet?

In this eighth installment of the Babymouse series, two-time Newbery Honor winner Jennifer L. Holm brings us a delightful graphic novel that had me chuckling out loud more than once. If your child is reluctant to read books with longer paragraphs and pages of text, give Babymouse a try. The graphic novel format is easier to digest, and Matthew Holm's illustrations are entertaining and very funny. While this is the eighth "Babymouse" book, it's my first time reading one, and I liked this one so much, I'm definitely going to check out the others.

Babymouse #8: Puppy Love goes on sale this Wednesday, December 26, 2007. Pre-order it on Amazon today!

2 comments:

  1. I loooove Babymouse. I can't wait until this book comes in at my library! And yes, definitely check out the rest in the series. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby,
    I've never really been a big fan of graphic novels, so I was not expecting to like this book very much when I picked it up. What a pleasant surprise! Perhaps I'll give other graphic novels a try. I hope you get the book in your library soon...it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete