Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Schedule Change

I normally don't like to change my review schedules, but these two books were waiting in the mail for me when I got home today. I read them as soon as I could, and I knew I had to share them with you so you could get them in time to share with your children for the holidays.

Both of these books were just released in September of this year, so if you haven't had a chance to see them, be sure to check out my blog next week.

The books are:

  • The All-I'll-Ever-Want Christmas Doll written by Patricia McKissack and illustrated by Jerry Pinkney.
    Book description from Amazon:
    IT'S CHRISTMAS, AND NELLA is beside herself with excitement! She and her sisters have been given a real gift - a beautiful Baby Betty doll. But it's hard to share something you've waited your whole seven-year-old life for, and Nella grabs the doll for herself. It isn't long before she discovers that a doll can't do the fun things she and her sisters do together. So, as Christmas day fades, Nella shares it with her sisters. Set in the Depression era South, here's a heartwarming story that captures the essence of the holiday.
  • A Song in Bethlehem written by Marni McGee and illustrated by Jason Cockcroft.
    Book description: ONE CHILL EVENING IN BETHLEHEM, young Naomi hears of an amazing sight: at the inn's stable, there are three men rich as kings, with rubies round their necks and gold on their fingers. Eager, Naomi rushes to catch a glimpse. But by the time she arrives, the men are gone. Yet Naomi discovers a different treasure: a baby boy, with parents kind and wise. And when she receives the gift of a flute from the baby and his family, her life is transformed forever and her world is full of music. It is a night full of wonders. It is the first Christmas. A Song in Bethlehem is a lyrical and stunning tale of the strength of love and compassion, filled with all the magic of Christmas.



Grab your copy and join me next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment